1 post tagged Hustler
If you’ve ever spent more than twenty minutes with me, then you know that I am obsessed with Standford’s Entrepreneurial Thought Leadership Series.
I stumbled upon Joe Liemandt’s talk in 2008 when I was interested in learning about what happened with Trilogy (the company that almost single-handed-ly caused the tech boom in Austin) and I’ve been hooked ever since.
These podcasts are an incredible resource for every stage of entrepreneur. I *always* walk away with tons of motivation and usually a new way to think about a problem I am experiencing. It was Ron Conway and Mike Maples’ Angel Investing Revealed talk that convinced me to move to Silicon Valley and start PublikDemand.
The talks typically run about an hour, so I listen to them while working out, driving or working.
Let me also encourage you to also catch a live recording at Stanford if you have the opportunity. It’s free and open to the public. I totally geeked out when I met Tina Seelig there!
These are in order of personal impact. My personal favorite, and probably the best talk I have ever heard—Steve Blank’s Retooling Early Stage Development is embedded below. Watch it! Especially if you are a newish founder or have found yourself building something that didn’t stick.
I am not fully caught up on the 2012 season but I plan on sharing some favorites soon. Feel free to share your own favorites with me. email@example.com
15 Entrepreneurship Podcasts That Changed The Way I Think As a Founder
- Retooling Early Stage Development Steve Blank // Stanford
- From Stanford to Startup Kevin Systrom, Mike Krieger // Instagram
- Young at Heart: How to Be an Innovator for Life Tom Kelly // IDEO
- Angel Investing Revealed Ron Conway, Mike Maples // SVAngel/Floodgate
- The Power of Curiosity and Inspiration Jack Dorsey // Square
- Getting to Plan B Randy Komisar // KPCB
- Phases of a Startup Mark Jung // IGN
- Creating Enchantment Guy Kawasaki
- Customer Focus Builds Global Growth Diego Piancentini // Amazon
- Spotlight on Scalability Sheryl Sandberg // Facebook
- The Black Swans of Energy Invention Vinod Khosla // Khosla Ventures
- A VC Perspective on the Life Sciences Beth Seidenberg // KPCB
- Nine Lessons Learned about Creativity at Google Marissa Mayer // Google
- From Harvard to the Facebook Mark Zuckerberg // Facebook
- Choosing the Entrepreneurial Path Reid Hoffman // LinkedIn